Your home is your replica; it depicts your thoughts and your life style. People usually stay awe-struck when they enter a beautifully designed and maintained home. The furniture you use in your home adds to its beauty.
Therefore a proper maintenance of the furniture is needed in order to retain its quality and to keep your furniture looking beautiful. Here are some simple tips on how to add life to your furniture by properly maintaining it.
Maintenance Tip 1:
The first step towards maintaining your furniture would be the proper handling of it. The primary reason for most of furniture damage is improper handling of furniture. Care must be taken while moving the furniture,
- The furniture should always be grasped by its stalwart parts.
- Never drag your furniture
- Avoid leaving on the surface of your furniture
Maintenance Tip 2:
Be sure that your furniture is placed away from the sun. Continuous exposure to direct sun may cause a huge damage to your furniture:
- The finish of the furniture may be bleached.
- Cracks may be developed due to the heat.
- Colour of the furniture may fade.
Maintenance Tip 3:
Clean you furniture’s on a regular basis to avoid dust settlement on its surface.
- Weekly vacuuming is a good practise to keep your sofa sets and carpets clean.
- Never use a stiff fibre or a steel brush to your furniture fabric.
- Try to remove any small scratches that appear on your furniture.
Maintenance Tip 4:
To keep your furniture in its best state it is very important for you to understand the type of furniture. For this you need to know
- What material it is made of like wood, teak, metal etc.
- What materials should be used for cleaning it.
- How it is effected by different environments.
Listed below are some of the basics that you should know about furniture care
- Avoid placing your furniture in direct sun.
- Place them either infront of the window or under it.
- Keep rotating the accessories placed on your furniture,
- Avoid continuous use of plastic on your furniture.
- Polish your furniture every 6 months.
- Use table cloths to protect your furniture while in use.
The above mentioned furniture maintenance tips are useful for maintaining all kinds of furniture like dining tables, sofa sets, carpets, wooden doors, gliderol garage doors and many more items.
Jenny Kenyon is a Content writer with an interest in topics relating to Home Improvement, Shopping and Eco living.
You can follow her @ eBizVenture on Twitter
Image Courtesy: Microsoft