Although cloud computing enables people to save their data from anywhere, many people still prefer the convenience of flash drives. From students saving papers to employees moving data from home to work, these small, portable devices are used by millions worldwide to save and store information.
Recently, companies have begun utilizing flash drives as marketing tools. They’re small, inexpensive to produce, and have a utilitarian purpose that many other promotional materials might not. Many people carry flash drives on their keychains, and a stunningly-designed custom flash drive can serve to promote a brand and get people excited and talking about a company. If you have a business, it might be worth using a custom USB flash drive to promote your brand.
How USB Flash Drives Can be Used in Marketing
- Incorporate your company’s logo or brand name into the flash drive. If you have a particularly eye-catching logo, you can make the flash drive into an artistic statement that people will be proud to carry on their keychains.
- Take this one step further by purchasing a custom novelty flash drive in the shape of your logo or mascot. Custom-shaped flash drives are eye-catching and fun and will make your brand stand out.
- Give away USB flash drives at conventions, job fairs or any other opportunity you have to mingle with people. You will instantly become the most memorable vendor at the event as your gift outshines the pens, bookmarks and keychains that other businesses are offering.
- Pre-load information about your company onto a promotional USB drive. You can have it launch your website, play a slideshow of your products or provide a catalog or calendar of upcoming events. By linking the drive to your company, you personalize the gift and give consumers something to remember you by.
- Hand them out like business cards. Custom flash drives can be ordered in the shape and size of credit cards, making them perfect for handing out at professional gatherings. The problem with most business cards is that they’re easily lost, damaged or forgotten; with a flash drive, the object is sturdy and useful and the recipient is much less likely to toss it casually away, because it’s utilitarian.
These are just a few ideas of how you can incorporate USB flash drives into your company’s marketing strategy. In the age of information, it’s important to utilize a combination of technology and personalization to promote your brand and reach your audience; flash drives can help you accomplish that with style.
Michael Hill is a business-savvy freelance blogger, who sometimes writes on behalf of San Francisco Custom flash drives, a company that will create custom flash drives for you to promote your business.