Recipe: Creamy Macaroni & Cheese
Summary: Don’t know what sides to fix yet for all the picky eaters of the family? Need a recipe that is going to please most everybody at the dinner table? There aren’t many people – kids included – that will turn down a good, creamy mac and cheese. Unfortunately for the cook, and fortunately for the mac and cheese devotee, there are a hundred different ways to make it. Some use cheddar cheese, others gruyere, and then there’s that powder stuff in a box. Some like their mac and cheese almost dry, others very creamy. If you prefer not to eat dried out pasta and ensure a moist, creamy noodle in every bite, check out the follow recipe for creamy macaroni and cheese:
- 1 box (8 oz.) penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 4 tbs. butter
- 4 tbs. flour
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease 8 x 10 baking dish.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Whisk flour into butter until smooth and bubbly and cook for 20-30 seconds, whisking constantly.
- Add salt, pepper and dry mustard. Slowly stir in milk until smooth.
- Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until sauce starts to boil.
- After mixture starts to boil and becomes thicker, remove from heat and add cheese.
- Stir until melted.
- Add cooked pasta and stir until noodles are covered with cheese sauce.
- Pour into greased baking dish.
- Cover with crushed Ritz crackers.
- Bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly around edges.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
This recipe was written exclusively for www.infoineed.com by LowCountry Barbecue, proud to be a leading Atlanta caterer, serving families and businesses for over 25 years. LowCountry Barbecue specializes in catering events all over the country; no location is too far and no party is too much.
Microformatting by hRecipe.